central heating rads on the blink

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
please help me going mad! :cry:
I have a problem with central heating had a lot of crud in pipes that where causing blockages in system. I have taken every rad off and flushed each one and then flushed each pipe out and those that would not clear have been replaced. I have also replaced the air seperator that sits above the boiler (that had some crap in it to and also had a pin hole in it). I also flushed the heater tank inside the boiler and cleaned the thermostat. reset refilled the system and it is again getting hot but after some time it sounds like its blowing bubbles into the header tank in loft and sending boiling hot water to it. i'm running out of ideas could anyone please give me some advice as to what I do next????????

Sponsored Links
You say it 'sounds like' its blowing bubles into the header tank. Have you actually checked to see if it is doing that, rather than it pumping over ? If it is doing what it 'sounds like' then I'll leave it to others here to help, but if it is actually over pumping, then you may want to read this old update from me in this item; //www.diynot.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=260097#260097

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back