Central heating still heating when stat not asking for heat

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi , I've got a ideal standard boiler, separate hot water cylinder, controller in garage and digital room stat.
When controller is set on constant, it will just keep heating the house and not listen to the requirements of the room stat, when controller is set on twice the heating works fine and can be controlled by the room stat.
If the hot water is on constant and heating on twice this will also ignore the room stat and just keeping heating the house
I've tried replacing the 3 port valve, room stat, controller, replaced stat on hot water cylinder , disconnected frost stat to see if its faulty.
I've balanced the rads, flushed, and inhibited the system.
Pleeeeeeeease I need help as the gas bills are just getting ridicules now? Next step is a boiler engineer?

Sponsored Links
looks like youve replaced everything you can, can you check if the boiler burner is alight when the controlls are off or not ? sometimes gas valves can pass gas when not calling for heat !

Are you sure that the boiler is responding to the thermostats when the timer is set on " twice" and that it is not operating continuously but just cutting off on the timer?
Despite your having swapped the 3port valve and its operating motor and switches, I am suspicious that its wiring is not correct or it is faulty.

looks like youve replaced everything you can, can you check if the boiler burner is alight when the controlls are off or not ? sometimes gas valves can pass gas when not calling for heat !
when the controls are off or not then the burners go out.
Thank you for your reply :D

Sponsored Links
Are you sure that the boiler is responding to the thermostats when the timer is set on " twice" and that it is not operating continuously but just cutting off on the timer?
Despite your having swapped the 3port valve and its operating motor and switches, I am suspicious that its wiring is not correct or it is faulty.
When the central heating is set on twice it will cut out on time and then won't cut in until the designated time.
If the controller is set on constant and try to regulate the heating from them programable room stat, it just ignores the room stat and keeps pumping out heat
Thank you for your reply :)

Sounds as if your prog stat is either not connected or faulty!

A few minutes with a test meter ( and some skill ) would find the cause!

Tony

Sounds as if your prog stat is either not connected or faulty!

A few minutes with a test meter ( and some skill ) would find the cause!

Tony
Hi thanks for reply, I'm gonna get a wiring diagram and check, next step will be my brother and his multi meter.
I will post the final out come

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back