Central Heating System loosing water

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I had a plumber sink some pipes and fit new radiators throughout my house. One of the pipes was sunk into a wall (not sure if that is relevant)

Since the work my boiler needs topping up with water - id say once every 2 weeks, to bring the pressure back up.

Im guessing there is a leak? What recourse do I have?

Sponsored Links
Find the leak!

Exactly what "recourse" did you have in mind?

Tony

Find the leak!

Exactly what "recourse" did you have in mind?

Tony

Well in terms of fixing it (if it is that pipe) im going to have to remove tiles, chisel out parts of a wall and remove bits of a kitchen - the cost to do that basically

Does the cost to fix that sort of work fall upon the person who did it? and should they fix it for free?

Sponsored Links
Were the pipes in the wall marked before cupboards went up?

No, its an Ikea kitchen (so no space behind the cupboards) so the plumber had to sink them into the wall from which they where plastered... The did make some creaking when the heating went on but thats kind of settled down/stopped

I think slapper meant did you mark the location of the pipes on the wall before the cupboards were fitted.
Its not unknown for someone to drill through a pipe if they dont know its there.

ahh got ya, well the person who fitted the kitchen also work with the plumber hiding the pipes so id say its safe to say he knew where they where

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back