Central Heating Timer gone mad (2 of them)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am at my wits end..... and so is the central heating engineer that fitted the system.
I had a new central heating combi fitted a year ago. This is in the garage. The timer was put indoors. Well, the timer has NEVER worked properly from day one. Sometimes it will switch itself on correctly, other times nothing. I can even have the timer switched to OFF!!!! :evil: and it will switch itself on.
Can anyone PLEASE suggest what the problem might be. Forgot to mention, last week another NEW timer was fitted, the same things happens.

Sponsored Links
Oops! sorry, the Combi is an IDEAL 30 Logic Plus , one year old. The Timer is an Ideal PRT 2

As I mentioned before the Combi is located in the garage, and the timer on an inside wall approximately 30 ft between them (2 walls).

Tonight for example using the timer function with the thermostat at 24 degrees approx. it did not switch off at the set time and was still running half an hour later. We put the timer to 5 degrees that did NOT switch it off, we then switched the timer to OFF, and that didn't work either. We then took the timer off the wall and took it to the garage and only when I took the battery out and put it back in again did it switch off the heating.
We have tried 3 timers, so surely it can't be that, we have also tried moving the timer a bit nearer to the garage.
Could it be that the board on the Combi is faulty? its all I can think of!
HELP :cry:

Sponsored Links
it looks like on the mechnical rf stat you leave the boiler link wire in place and on the digital rf you remove it, lets see what timer the op has.

P L E A S E can anyone suggest something?

PS. the RF is a mechanical one

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back