Central heating timer /programmer

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I'm having probable with my remote timer/programmer.
I am right saying these devices measure the ambiance temperature ( in my case my freezing cold hallway), and try to achieve the temperature I've Inputted for that specify time ?
I Inputted the times, but I'm constantly overriding it to get the house warmed up. My temperatures are typically 20deg when someone's In the house. Starting think my sensor is broke or something?
Appreciate any thoughts.

Sponsored Links
You don't specify the model you have, but I'm assuming that yours like most allow a different temperature to be selected at different times. They are basically just on / off switches, that mean the heating is either on, or off.

If it was set to 20 degrees and the actual room temperature is below 20 degrees then the heating will be switched 'on' If the room temperature is above 20 degrees it will be switched 'off'

If it was set to 14 degrees and the actual room temperature is below 14 degrees then the heating will be switched 'on'. If the room temperature is above 14 degrees it will be switched 'off' [Normally, this setting is used as heating 'off' because under normal use it is unlikely that the ambient temperature would drop this low and turn the heating on]

So you need to find out:

When the thermostat is calling for heat (on), is the boiler running and are the radiators heating up?

If yes, the thermostat would appear to be working in that it has turned the heating 'on'
If no, then it would appear not to be working, or you have another problem

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back