Timer problems

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I've got a timer that remotely controls my combi boiler, and I've had it for a few years. It's currently fixed to me wall in in hallway , which is normally quite cold. I think the timer is supposed to achieve temperatures I've inputted, but it doesn't work very well.

Is the timer supposed tonne somewhere where you actually spend most time? , like lounge,etc..

Sponsored Links
But why?, is it to do with the fact that it's the biggest room and it links upstairs and down?

I have a few customers who use their RF stats like a remote control and move it around the house to suit.

Sponsored Links
Ideally a room thermostat should be located:

1. Not on an outside wall (probably would be OK for properties with very good wall insulation)

2. In a room without another heat source that may effect it (ie gas fire, kitchen, lots of electrical equipment etc.,)

3. Ideally not in a room subject to direct sunlight, or one that heats up quickly. A north facing shady room is best, so the other rooms heat up first and are controlled by their own TRV's before the thermostat turns off the entire heating system.

4. Away from draughts. (air bricks, open windows, vents etc.,)

5. In a room with a radiator (sounds obvious I know, but I've seen thermostats in internal passages or hallways without radiators in. If the doors are closed the rest of the house is warm but the thermostat doesn't switch off because no heat reaches it)

6. In a room where the radiator(s) are not fitted with TRV's

7. 1.5 metres above floor level.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back