Central heating timer

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a biasi boiler and the central heating doesn't seem to work without disconnecting the timer. We never use the digital timer usually just the thermostat. It has just recently stoped when the power went off one day. Would it be a faulty timer?? Will I need to replace it?

Sponsored Links
I had problems after fitting a programmable thermostat, all showed A1, but no heating, it transpired all it needed was new batteries, although the low battery warning was not active, it seems just not enough power to work relay, so if battery powered try changing them.

Some mains operated units use little motors to move cams to switch on and off, if turned off while it is lifting cam it may fail to restart, unlikely since you say digital, but worth switching off power changing the time and switching back on again.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back