Central heating wiring - which plan?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have an oil system boiler which serves only the central heating, pump, room thermostat and programmer with trv valves on all rads except one, there is no cylinder thermostat or port valves.

So my 2 questions are:

1. What plan does this come under Y,S etc?

2. In order to do the wiring in the 10 way junction box is it simple enough to make the wiring according to the manual but just leave out the cylinder stat and port valve wiring and hot water wiring from the programmer(since there aren't any) or do I need to make some link wires to make it work correctly?

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Sounds like a standard gravity primary set up.

Have you 4 pipes off the boiler or 2?

If 4 it will be gravity.

Thanks for a quick reply - It's a fully pumped system (standard gravity primary set up - what is this, not heard of it before?).

Its a system boiler with expansion vessel, pressure relief valve etc and has one 22mm flow pipe which branches into 15mm pipe locally to the rads and then the return pipe to the boiler with filling loop. So it is literally 1 pipe out and 1 pipe back in.

The room thermostat will be in the lounge/corridor and programmer in the entrance hall.

But there is no water tank - only a filling loop - and the boiler is not connected to the hot water - this is from a electric water heater.

Sponsored Links
That's a boiler. You don't need any extras. Leave out HW stat and valves. Wire only CH circuit.

That's a boiler in the good sense? :)

Out of curiousity does it come under any particular plan?

With the wiring - do i need to make any link wires if I am taking out the hot water stat and valves?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back