S Plan Help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Unvented S Plan System with 2 heating zones

Danfoss WB12 wiring centre

Danfoss TP9000 programmer with Danfoss TS2 temperature sensor zone 1 C/H and H/W

Danfoss 4 wire 2 port valve C/H zone 1

Danfoss 4 wire 2 port valve H/W

Range Tribune Cylinder with tank thermostat and immersion heater

3 speed pump

Honeywell CM907 programmer zone 2 C/H

Honeywell 5 wire 2 port valve C/H zone 2

Ideal Logic Heat 12 boiler

This is the make up of my heating/hot water system. Following the change of the head/motor on the Zone 1 C/H 2 port valve, I no longer have control of my heating via the TP9000. The programmer lights up and works for H/W but the boiler will not fire. If I over ride this at the 2 port valve the heating works.

I am hoping that the collective wisdom can tell me just what it is I'm missing, its driving me mad LOL

Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
I don't think I have but, I'm off to the top of the house to DOUBLE check! Thanks

Sponsored Links
Looked and checked all looks good, the new motor is wired via a regin 5 pin :)

The spindle turns freely by hand and when the motor is moved from 'Auto' to 'Manual' the heating zone fires up.

By 'regin plug needing to be mirrored' I assume orange to orange (terminal 1) grey to grey (terminal 2) brown to brown (terminal 3) neutral to neutral (neutral terminal) is what you mean?

When there is a demand for the zone valve to open, check between the Blue and the Brown wires for 240 V, it is the Brown wire that opens the valve

The spindle turns freely by hand and when the motor is moved from 'Auto' to 'Manual' the heating zone fires up.

By 'regin plug needing to be mirrored' I assume orange to orange (terminal 1) grey to grey (terminal 2) brown to brown (terminal 3) neutral to neutral (neutral terminal) is what you mean?

Yep, as long as wires marry up its right.
Brown wire powers motor to wind valve to open, whereby the arm also depresses a microswitch, this microswitch connects grey wire (which is permanently live) to orange wire (fire wire) which energises boiler and pump.

No demand = power to brown and grey; demand shows power on brown, grey and orange

Yes, No demand - no C/H either zone, no H/W, no pump running, nothing and there is power at the brown and grey wire, nothing on orange or blue

Yes, No demand - no C/H either zone, no H/W, no pump running, nothing and there is power at the brown and grey wire, nothing on orange or blue
something wrong then, if power at the Brown the valve should be open, but with no demand there shouldnt be voltage at the Brown

Yes, this is what I'm trying to resolve. It appears the instruction from the programmer is not reaching the valve/motor on this zone. How and why is what is giving me a headache! LOL In terms of H/W and 2nd C/H zone it all works and the zone with the issue works when I open the 2 port manually ....... all very odd.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back