S Plan Help

Brown comes from Danfoss 2 port into the wiring center via a Region 5 way plug. I figured that is what was happening, just don't know why or where

Sponsored Links
Turn the power off at the fused spur, check that everything is dead, move the Brown wire in beside the Grey wire on your plug, turn power back on, does valve open and boiler fires ?

Is that double up the brown and grey on both sides of the plug?

Should I looking for the boiler to fire from the programmer, I know I can get it to fire now by manually opening the 2 port

No just put the brown from the valve in beside the grey, that will by pass the programmer and the room stat, no need to double anything up, you are only moving one wire, valve should open and boiler fire when power is restored

Sponsored Links
Tried that, power back on and the boiler hasn't fired. Open the valve manually and the boiler as fired. So no material change from before

stop opening the valve manually, it doesnt mean anything, so with constant live from the grey connected to the Brown the valve doesnt open ?

and checking with your meter now you definately have 240v between the Brown and Blue wires

C/H on 240 volts brown to blue wiring center to plug, the same brown/grey plug to valve. Same values with C/H off

yes values should be the same, you have by-passed everything, the valve should be opening , if it isnt the valve is faulty, but that wont cure the stray voltage when the Brown is connected where it should be

With the Brown still where it is switch the programmer on and measure between Blue and where the Brown usually goes, without the Brown in it

IMG_20210308_180553.jpg IMG_20210308_180421.jpg
240 volts

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back