Central heating wiring

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi can anyone please help, I require a wiring diagram for a fully pumped system Using a Vaillant ecomax 18e conventioanl boiler, two motorised valves, pump and room plus cylinder stat. many thanks

Sponsored Links
ChrisR
Many thanks for your reply, It appears from the Vaillant instructions that the pump connections are provided on the boiler connection block also a permanetnt live is requied, all switching is done via a Sw/live connection on the connection block,it appears that a live feed is taken through a programmer then through the room stat to the connection block, any suggestions how to connect the two stats with the two motorised valves

All as the Honeywell diag, except you do as you say:
Boiler needs permanent live
Orange wires go to boiler switched live
Pump is wired to boiler pump live output

Sponsored Links
A Vaillant ecoMAX 18E with an external pump? I have never seen one of these, but you learn something new everyday? I have seen them with a second pump on the optional PCB extender but you would not be likely to need this on a puny 18kw boiler.

If it has an internal pump, then the wiring is typical Vaillant which differs from most other boilers in one way.

You must wire in the boiler only to a permanent live connection, eg: fused spur with L,N,E to the dedicated mains block in the boiler.

Then you wire the live connection from Vaillant terminal number 3 to the outboard programmer permanent clock live. Thereafter it is as per Honeywell specs.

The orange wire(s) from the valve(s) then are directed to boiler terminal 4.

Terminal 5 is a spare neutral connection (and a new runway at Hrow).

If you do not supply the programmer from pin 3 the boiler cannot be turned off from it's mains switch.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back