Central heating won't turn off

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've just moved into a new (rented) property and the landlord is being supremely unhelpful.

The central heating system I have is "Honeywell". My problem: I can't seem to turn it off.

There are no instructions I can find. Neither can I find any sort of model number to look it up on the internet.

I'll post photos of both the control unit and the thermostat.

So the control unit is extremely straightforward and easy to set. I've managed to set the time and also 2 further times I'd like the unit to come on/off (on the top row of the unit). So I think I got that bit sorted.

So to my thinking, if I have the Heating switch on OFF, surely I should not be getting any heating, right? Well, that isn't the case. Even with the thermostat on the lowest setting possible, I'm still getting heaps of heat.
The only way to make the radiators stop is to actually flick the switch on the wall to turn the entire unit off.

However by doing that, surely that turns off my hot water too?

Am I simply doing something wrong here or is something not working?

Thanks in advance!

photo.jpg

photo1.jpg

photo3.jpg

Sponsored Links
Give us more info regarding.....boiler make/model and if you have a cylinder in your airing cupboard post a pic of controls in there.
Posting a pic of the programmer and the room stat is a start.

Airing cupboard there will be a motorised valve/s this is sticking in the on position leaving microswitch activated ,

Sponsored Links
Thanks guys - sorry I never replied. Just wanted to wrap this up by saying that the plumber (who installed it) had to come out and replace something that was actually broken (it looked like that motorised valve). So it's all sorted now and working :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back