Central Heating works fine, but hot water goes cold in 3secs

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just moved into a new house, it has an oil fired heating system.
The heating works fine, but for some reason, the hot water coming from the taps gets hot, then immediately turns to cold again. Very weird.

Any ideas? The house was left unoccupied for a number of months before I moved in, is there a pressure problem or something? There's a little inline tap on a flexi-pipe towards the bottom of the airing cupboard, my brother says it's something to do with topping up pressure, or restoring pressure? Shall I just turn that and see what it does??!?!?

Sponsored Links
I didn't make a note of that when I was at the house yesterday (don't have internet there atm) will make a note and add that later. I just wondered if there was some sort of typical reason for those symptoms, like pressure, airlocks or anything?

The typical reason is that the part of the boiler which detects the DHW flow has failed!

Tony

Sponsored Links
i've got the similar problem and I suspect there is something wrong within the shower control, some no return valve is not working and cod water flow into hot water circulation.

I had this problem but it was with a gas Combi. The problem there was the secondary heat exchanger was clogged and after a friendly plumber cleared it there was no more problem

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back