Vokera Maxin 24e boiler - heating fine, no hot water

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I moved into my home nearly a year ago. The water pressure has never been great, the cold water is pretty good, the hot water has always been quite low. However the boiler has always been able to heat the water when needed.

I live up a hill on a caravan park and the park had some problems with the water pump and had a new one installed a few weeks ago. Both my hot and cold water pressure became very good and I assumed this had been the problem all along.

Then just over a week ago my pipes froze and I had no water for 8 days. The water came back on Xmas evening but the pressure was poor again with both hot and cold and my boiler would not heat the hot water I assume due to low pressure. There were more problems with the main water pipes which were fixed last night. Now my neighbours all have good water pressure again (all of them have always had better pressure than me anyway), my cold water is pretty good, the hot is still very low and the boiler just cant fire up I assume because the hot water pressure is too low. The central heating works fine. Strangely when you turn the hot water tap on it spurts out very quickly but slows almost immediately to a trickle.

Is there any way to adjust the hot water pressure. I have the dial on the boiler set to between 1 and 1.5 as suggested in the manual. As my cold water pressure is fine and the pressure gauge is set to what it should be do I assume that there is a problem with the boiler. Either way I will have to call out a plumber but would rather be a little informed on what the problem might be before I call one!

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
If the cold supply gives a good flow then it seems the hot path is restricted.

There may be a filter on the inlet and work on the cold supply may have disturbed dirt which has rather blocked the filter.

Tony

If the cold supply gives a good flow then it seems the hot path is restricted.

There may be a filter on the inlet and work on the cold supply may have disturbed dirt which has rather blocked the filter.

Tony

Thanks for your reply.

Is the filter something that is easy to replace? What you say makes sense, I hope it is a simple problem that is easily fixed!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back