central heating

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I recently ask about where to position my roomstat as my upstairs was colder than down stairs, which never happend before with my old system, which did not have a roomstat. I have now fitted the roomstat which is wireless in the hall. I have changed the valve in the lounge to trv instead of the open locked valve.
The valve in the hall is a trv which i have turned down to setting 1 this now seems to have even the temperatures upstairs to down stairs .at the moment this seems to work ok ,but i have been told a trv valve should not be fitted where the roomstat is fitted any ideas thanks

Sponsored Links
T he room that has the roomstat in it should not have a trv on the radiator because they will work against each other either keeping youre heating on to long or switching it off efore the house has warmed up!
Just take the trv head off the valve that will sort it

You will get a nice gasbill, you have effectively shorted your roomstat, so the boiler works as if you had only a timer and no roomstat.

Sponsored Links
The way I read it JB123 has balanced the radiator (using the trv) and has found the best place to fit the roomstat to evenly heat the house.

Unless of course he has set that radiator so low it doesnt heat at all.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back