central heating

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
my central heating system does not have a drain anyware!,not underfloor- or anyware,easiest is just fit a combination rad/drain valve,or should i fit a drain at the lowest point(under the floor)running to the outside,this would be a pain,have been told should do this as it drains everything??-help please

Sponsored Links
my central heating system does not have a drain anyware!,not underfloor- or anyware,easiest is just fit a combination rad/drain valve,or should i fit a drain at the lowest point(under the floor)running to the outside,this would be a pain,have been told should do this as it drains everything??-help please

If your full downstairs system is underfloor go with the rad drain option, if its all on drops go with the rad drain option on each drop

Sponsored Links
The problems with having an under ground floor drainoff are:
1/. accessiblility (do you really want to have to lift a carpet every time)

2/. chances are you'll have to run a hosepipe to exactly the same height as one coming from a radiator drainoff. This makes it a pointless exercise without the intnded benefits ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back