Central Heating

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, Everyone

Can i connect a log burner to the central heating only.
I have gas combi boiler at moment and want to install a log burner to a separate central heating system only, not to the domestic water. I want to leave the combi to do that and as a back up heating system for chilli evenings. can this be done. thank you

Sponsored Links
The Broseley Evolution26 can be connected to a sealed system.
And is also MCS approved for the renewable heat premium payment.

But if you want to fit a separate CH system which is vented then no problems.
I did it in my gaffe with vertical column rads. Cuts out a host of control issues. Plus you can heat the rooms up like a sauna if you want. :mrgreen:

If you want to use the combi with existing rads then you re-design the plumbing to suit the stove and add the combi in using a plate heat exchanger.

You can't have a log burner on a sealed heating system.

What combination boiler have you got?

Hi, I don't want to link up the CH systems. I want to know if I can use a log burner just for CH. I want to keep the two systems separate.

Sponsored Links
You can do what you like with separate systems as long as each satisfies its own safety requirements!

Tony

If you want to use the log burner to heat the rads, and the combi then they'll have to mix somewhere. You could set up so the combi heats a coil in a link up vessel (sealed indirect) and the log burner could heat the vessel direct OV with the heating circuit then running from the vessel. I mean summet along the lines of a dunsley neutriliser. If you want, get in touch with newark cylinders I think? they make to order..

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back