Central heating

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Potterton Boiler 2 yrs old. Past 6 months kitchen radiator requires frequent bleeding (2 or 3 times a day). Have established there are no leaks in the system but recently noticed before bleeding radiator that water level in header tank is above normal. Returns to normal when radiator is bled. :(

Sponsored Links
You say the boileris two years old but how old is the system ?

oilman said:
That is interesting. What's your question?
I have reached a conclusion, having been perusing this forum for a few days; if you want some helpful advice and not just a quick sarcastic putdown, give yourself a female user name!
The problem is clearly defined in the sentence Oilman, just because it does not carry a question mark doesn't not make it any less relevant!
Help the Guy or just leave him alone!

Sponsored Links
The level in the header must be very low - so it doesn;t get to overflow when the water expands. If it did that, new oxygenated water is taken in, which leads chronically to corrosion and gas (hydrogen) in the rads.

2 to3 times a day? Sell the hydrogen, you'll need the cash to replace rusty radiators :p

vmaxnick wrote:
I have reached a conclusion, having been perusing this forum for a few days; if you want some helpful advice and not just a quick sarcastic putdown, give yourself a female user name!

The problem is clearly defined in the sentence Oilman, just because it does not carry a question mark doesn't not make it any less relevant!

Help the Guy or just leave him alone!

Oh? so perhaps you would like to put the question in instead of being just like me - unhelpful.

For your information, we spend quite a long time answering questions here, sometimes we feel good, sometimes not so good (just like lots of other people) we don't get paid for trying sometimes to interpret what someone is trying to say, and so help is a lot easier to give if those seeking help make it clear what they want.

vmaxnick said:
Sounds like you're insulting the female user.(what have they done to upset you?)

It's a shame really you see it that way,Oilman been with us for almost 4 months and posted 950 replied which is averaging replying 7 posts a day! and that's not easy. Yes, I too get it wrong sometime,but we don't get credit when due,but I don't mind if it mean helping others for a FREE advice,so don't be quick to criticise us if you think we are sarcastic,we don't always mean it perhaps we're just tired.I begining to wonder why I bother.
The old saying " If you got nothing good to say,don't say it" and "A man never made mistake ,never did anything".

So vmaxnick,have you got anything better to do than reaching a conclusion?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back