central locking 01 fiesta zetec

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Having some trouble with the central locking on a 01 fiesta zetec. The drivers door will lock/unlock when the key is in the lock but take it out and put it back in and it will not turn. Used some wd40, no joy. For now I have to open the passenger door and the key has to be held at 'open' while the door is opened.

Sometimes that will not work either. And when it does all the locks lock and unlock by themselves and have to close front passenger door.

The door handle is now broke off the drivers door

I removed the fuses number 8 15 and number 11 30 to disable central lock but did not work. What is driving it when the fuses are out

Only solution for now is leave window half open when in shop not good idea but..

Sponsored Links
according to autodata depending on the system fitted the following fuses are used F8,F18 and F21
Its probably an issue with the drivers door lock or locking acuator but hard to say

according to autodata depending on the system fitted the following fuses are used F8,F18 and F21
Its probably an issue with the drivers door lock or locking acuator but hard to say
Thanks in my manual it says fuses 8 amp is 15 and 11 amp is 30. would it be expensive to repair if i caanot do it? Will the door card have to come off all 4 doors or just the drivers. If anyone has a vid link to doing this woul appreciate, I cannot find one

Sponsored Links
I don't think it will, the yellow engine management light is to do with the running of the engine and emissions.
Another yellow light (snowflake) means the outside temp is between 1 and 4 degrees C

How do i get the old door handle off? From inside panel only see one screw but there is another or something holding it in Is it a rivet?

The problem is in the drivers door alright.By tugging on a cable i can get the locks to work sometimes? Does that mean the locking system* is OK except for cable

*Locking barrell? is that what it is called?

usually 3 screws all on the outside of the door handle. Put the key in and operate the locking system, lubricate all the moving parts you can get to and keep operating as you do so. See what happens then, if the barrel is shot it may not be operating correctly

usually 3 screws all on the outside of the door handle. Put the key in and operate the locking system, lubricate all the moving parts you can get to and keep operating as you do so. See what happens then, if the barrel is shot it may not be operating correctly
No there are no screws on the outside. was one on inside and removed that but cannot get other side of handle free. It is not the handle but the piece under the handle the handle broke off

Sponsored Links
Back