Ceramic adhesive used for porcelain floor tiles- problem?

Clp

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My kitchen floor had been tiled with porcelain tiles (33x33 size). Part of the floor was done using Kerakoll H40 supplied by the tile shop. Unbeknown to me the tiler ran out of this, and instead of buying more has used Mapei fast set instead. The info specifically says this mapei is for ceramic, and not to use for porcelain. Is this a problem? What issues could it cause?

To add- my floor is 9.26 sq m. 40kg of the Kerakoll were used which the tile shop said would be sufficient. The tiler has used an additional 120kg of the mapei. He said to help level out the floor where he removed the old tiles. This seems a significantly large extra amount.

thanks.

Sponsored Links
. The tiler has used an additional 120kg of the mapei.
Hopefully at least one of the figures is wrong, because 120kg and the initial 40kg is approaching an entire 20kg bag of adhesive per m²

ei. He said to help level out the floor where he removed the old tiles.
Floor should have been levelled before any tiling using appropriate materials.

• Thanks
Reactions: Clp
Hopefully at least one of the figures is wrong, because 120kg and the initial 40kg is approaching an entire 20kg bag of adhesive per m²

Floor should have been levelled before any tiling using appropriate materials.
Thank you so much for your reply flameport. I’ve double checked and the figures are correct. The tiler bought 6x 20kg bags of the Mapei and says he’s used it all, in addition to the 2 x20kg Kerakoll I’d bought from the tile shop. This worries me just as much as what could result from using the wrong adhesive!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back