Ceramic hob & cats!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I've got a ceramic hob and while it looks great it also looks so much like part of the worktop that I'm worried my cat, if he's walking across the worktop, may walk across the hot hob. It hasn't happened yet and I've tried keeping him off the worktops but of course he just ignores me anyway (he's a cat!). I know there's such a thing as covers for standard hobs but can anyone suggest what I might cover a ceramic hob with to prevent my cat injuring himself?

Sponsored Links
possibly a cruel way but put the hob on full so there is loads of heat around it. take the cat (altho make sure he cannot jump away form you) and put him near it, so he knows there is heat and he doesnt like it. once he rezlises its not then he should stay away

some much easier havin a cat who knows he's not allowed on the benches

My wifes cat wouldnt dare go on worktops. A good smack on the nose cured that a long time ago.

Sponsored Links
At least if he has sore feet he wont be coming to poo in my garden! :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back