Powerpoint Hob ME40QSIN - 2 ceramic elements not working

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Our electric hob has lost the two smaller ceramic elements from working. Been like that for a while now and finally got around to pulling the thing out of the kitchen worktop and having a look inside.

When we turn the knob on for these elements an orange light comes on on the indicator panel but the elements don't heat up. The other ones which are working okay make a wurring sound as well when they come into action whereas the two that are not working make no sound at all.

I called the guy who distributes these hobs here in Ireland and he said that it was highly unlikely that the elements need replacing as they should last up to around 10 years (we have had it about 4-5 I guess). Instead he got me checking for burnt out wires. I had a descent look around and couldn't see anything and also ensured that the wiring was all secure and crimped into place.

So before I call up someone or throw it in the bin and get a brand new (probably cheaper than callout fees etc) any other suggestions?

Here is a link to our hob:-

http://www.shomar.ie/index.php?mact...SIN-POWERPOINT-CERAMIC-HOB&cntnt01returnid=78

Cheers in advance.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back