Lamona hob 'issue' - need help please!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

new kitchen nearing completion now, and all my appliances were connected up yesterday but im stuck with a question on the hob.

Turn on any of the plates, they glow instantly and stay glowed for half a min then it dissapears after a clicking sound (a bit like a thormostat kickin in) this happens on any of the plates but when it turns off it does not come back on.

Have just called Howdens service agents and they tell me its meant to be like that but its barely usable, they say its the regulator feature but im not happy at all if thats the way it works as i simply wont use it!

Model no is Lamona electric hob - HJA 1703
http://www.howdens.com/product-range/appliance-collection/hobs/ceramic/lamona-frameless-ceramic-hob/

thanx

Sponsored Links
Try putting a pan of water on & see if it brings it to the boil in the sort of time you would expect, possibly has a sensor to detect there is no reflected heat thus wasting energy.

Just had an engineer come out to look at another issue on a (brand new) Lamona oven. I mentioned exactly what you said about the hob ... that the ring comes on, goes off, then comes on again. He said this is what it's supposed to do. Did you manage to get any more info on this issue? Had I known this beforehand, I wouldn't have bought the hob!

Sponsored Links
Just had an engineer come out to look at another issue on a (brand new) Lamona oven. I mentioned exactly what you said about the hob ... that the ring comes on, goes off, then comes on again. He said this is what it's supposed to do. Did you manage to get any more info on this issue? Had I known this beforehand, I wouldn't have bought the hob!
All electric hobs work this way, it's either on or off, does it boil water ok ?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back