Ceramic Valve ID help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a leaky bath tap which was bought from the bathstore about 3 years ago. Unfortunately can't remember the name or any details of the manufacturer so wonder if anyone on here could help identify the ceramic valve so I can get it replaced. I've counted and it is an 18 spline valve but looked on Lunns and can't see a similar one. Any help would be appreciated.
Many thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
Can't identify it from just the top half I'm afraid, as the bottom halves vary from tap to tap as well. You'll have to take it out, and even then the chances of being able to ID it from photos are virtually nil.

Your best bet is to take it, and the head that goes on it, around all the plumbers merchants in your area until you happen to strike lucky with a matching one they've got kicking around under the counter in a box of random CD inserts they keep for just such occasions. In my experience the independents are better at this than the big nationals, but either way it's going to be like trying to find a needle in a haystack without knowing the make or model of the tap. It *might* help to take a photograph of the entire tap with you (printed out, not on your phone...) in the hope that one of them recognises it. You could even take the photo to Bathstore to see if they know what it is, but I wouldn't count on it, this is rather the problem with buying from this kind of establishment, the backup is often quite poor when things wear out.

If all the above fails it's new tap time I'm afraid, unless you convert it to run off old-style washers which can sometimes be done, but probably not with the heads you have now.

Send photo of complete tap and if possible a photo of the cartridge removed from the tap to a company called Lunns - lunns.net
They have been a great help to me in the past.

Sponsored Links
Is this your mixer ?
53048953.jpg

Yes - very similar except that mine has a shower attachment as well - but otherwise identical. Any info on the make or where I could get the valves would be a life saver. Girlfriend on my case to get it fixed and tap location is difficult to change

All i know is it is called blade deck mounted shower mixer.

I know sagittarius made the blade but theirs has the spout in the middle of the cross bar bathstores is at the top.

If you ring bathstore tech dept and tell them the situation they will tell you who made their version.
then you can contact them direct.
08000 23 23 23

Thanks - that's nailed it and have managed to order it from BathStore. Really appreciate your help - top notch for identifying it

Thanks - that's nailed it and have managed to order it from BathStore. Really appreciate your help - top notch for identifying it

who made them then ?
or did they just say we can get them ?

They said it was designed only for them - were adamant that there no other manufacturers of the Blade Deck Taps.
Stupidly I couldn't find them originally in their range as the picture for their blade range is of a slightly different style. A closer look showed they are still on sale.
Their support department was good and located the part easily - in stock at under £13 + vat + postage
Thanks again

Hi There, just registered on the forum for some help, I am trying to find the cartridges (inserts) for the taps pictured in this post, Bathstore told me to go to Crosswater to get them as they make the taps, I've now tried 3 different sets of cartridges, none of which fit, I'm now at my wits end!!! The cartridges pictured are the ones I require, can someone please confirm where I need to order these from? It says Bathstore in the post, also could you tell me if there is a part number for the one's pictured as they look like the ones I need, all help is very much appreciated!! Tks

i had a problem on a customers taps from bathstore. he had the receipt which started the ball rolling. they were 9 years old and made by ultra finishing.but ultra couldnt do anything w/o an order code as they make hundreds of taps., plus it was an earlier version but someone in technical at bathstore got the earlier number through their accounts dept, really helpful person.the lady at ultra, jocelyn green got me a set of cartridges in two days, great lady.
[email protected]
send her a photo of the taps and see if she knows if they are from her company

That's great, thanks for the advice! The cartridges I need are these exact one's on this post, the taps are exactly the same as the picture although they have the shower in the middle, just thinking about it the cartridges would then be different???? :confused: I'll pop an email and see if they can help, thanks again, will keep you posted!!

Unfortunately I've had no joy and have been told these are not crosswater taps! I therefore am unable to find the correct cartridges, oh dear! Thanks again for your help

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back