CH Calculations

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am doing the calculations for all the radiator sizes for the house i'm fitting CH in. I understand all the basic calculations but what do I do about the doorway size opening between the lounge (21 degC) and the kitchen (18 degC) (no actual door). Is there a U factor for openings? As the rooms are at different temperatures there will be some heat flow which will up the required size of the lounge radiator. :confused:

Sponsored Links
This looks like a good situation to illustrate the limits of benefit of theoretical calculations. The lounge radiator would only struggle on a few days a year and then there would be extra heat input in the kitchen from cooking big pots of soup and mugs of hot cocoa. The temperature differences would cause a bit of air mixing which would be near the opening rather than across the whole room so practically it wouldn't matter anyway.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back