CH header tank overflowing

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
:confused:
Relative has helped a friend replace a bathroom radiator with a ladder type chrome towel rail. Straightforward job. Baxi ch system in three bed semi. Bled the new towel rail until water appeared. Switched on system, towel rail gets hot only at bottom two thirds. Bled again and no water appears but it is lying there, a third of the way down. Then used a funnel to fill with water but it just kept taking it. After twenty jugfulls checked header tank in loft which was found to be full of warm water and overflowing. New rail is a few cms taller than the old radiator.
First ever example of pushing water uphill?
DaveK.

Sponsored Links
HAHA!

I've found that small jobs tend to cost you ££ (materials).

However, it rises to £££ if people watch you, and end up ££££ if people help you.

Please excuse sterose, he is very helpful and polite, ....not. Search his other posts, you will get the picture.

It sounds like you have a sealed system, is this the case? If so when you bleed the radiators you will need to repressurise the system. If it's not a sealed system, you have a blockage in the pipe from the header tank, or an air lock.

I have just re-read your post, have you edited it?

Sponsored Links
Sorry DaveK, and soilman.

Like I say, have I upset someone?

I would like to emphasize to all you miserable, no-humour, (un)professionals, that my posts are intended to be taken a light-heartedly as possible.

The fact of the matter is that some people, like me, have a sense of humour...

But perhaps humour is something that cannot be said in words...

I'm new to this forum as you will have realised.
When I saw the response from the poster known as Sterose I was about to report him to the moderator. Then checked his earlier posts and decided against. He's not funny as he believes, just puerile- but seems harmless. Why he attends is a mystery as he hasn't posted a useful answer to any question and has little knowledge of the subject.
I posted my query here as it purports to be a forum for all things plumbing. Thanks for the factual response, I would guess, as you suggest that it's caused by an airlock.

sterose said:
Like I say, have I upset someone?
Yes,most people

I would like to emphasize to all you miserable, no-humour, (un)professionals, that my posts are intended to be taken a light-heartedly as possible.
Wrong.

The fact of the matter is that some people, like me, have a sense of humour...
Wrong again.

But perhaps humour is something that cannot be said in words...
And wrong again.

I thought I wait until you settle down but now find you sad & headstrong.

What you haven' t understood yet masona, (and not have I), is that as ban-all-sheds pointed out, you are dealing with someone so clever he can put a shower in at age 14, AND tell almost any professional to **** off as he knows much more than any of them, and indeed his sheer billiance is only exceeded by his modesty. :rolleyes:

How can I emphasize that im competent (ie Shower at 14) and be modest?

You're quite correct too, soilman.

"What you haven' t understood yet masona, (and not have I), is that as ban-all-sheds pointed out, you are dealing with someone so clever he can put a shower in at age 14, AND tell almost any professional to **** off as he knows much more than any of them, and indeed his sheer billiance is only exceeded by his modesty."

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back