Ch heating pipe work

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
just been looking under the floorboards at the CH Pipework to work out wether i can move a rads location my self or i need to get someone in. I have a query - can someone tell wether the flow and the return pipes should be equally hot as on i can bearly touch (very hot) and the other is just warm. The hot pipe goes to the copper headed valve in this pic. Is this the flow or return?
Many thanks

3862728459de2a7908d9e5a7f9e555d15f3451792c39291a8ad9ec9c.jpg

Sponsored Links
not twin entry valves....arrrrgggggggg

yes the hot one is the flow. it travels past the other entry down a length of pipe to about 3/4 of the length of the rad and out...return is just by the rd valve itself.

if u doing any work on the system i would change it to seperate flow and return.

JPC said:
yes the hot one is the flow. it travels past the other entry down a length of pipe to about 3/4 of the length of the rad and out...return is just by the rd valve itself.
Not so Jamie, it's the other way round. The return connection has the insert which extends into the lower channel of the rad. The flow connection connects directly to the rad. Think about it - hotter water is lighter.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back