CH/HW Programmer

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all got a question i need an answer for :)

just moved in to a house that has a hot water tank heated by a boiler with central heating run off it too

there is no programmer for the hot water side of things and would like to fit one as theres no point heating water whilst my and the missus are at work all day

there is a program and a room stat for the central heating but my plan is to replace it with a room stat with a 2ch program to control the CW and HW

the question is how do i wire it in

i have done a diagram of whats in the system and what whires go where

so any help would be great :D

thanks stu

Sponsored Links
Hi

Chances are that to do what you want you'd need to update the plumbing as well as the wiring.

That pic you posted hasn't worked so first things first, take some more of the timer, boiler and any pipework in the airing cupboard and post back.

Andy

hi there so you mean you cant see the pic? i can see it fine here :confused:

will try again through photobucket

HWCHwiring.jpg

i will get photos when i get chance

if the pic works it will probably explain a lot more to you maybe :confused:

thanks stu

Sponsored Links
this should do what you want.

View media item 36338

well i got my programmer finally

and i got one with a built in room stat

now i am stuck :LOL:

going by your wiring you have 5 terminals my programmer has 6 :confused:

and also going by your pic there is two wires one on 4 and one on 7 that seem to go nowhere :confused: are they to the room stat?

so still actually stuck with how to wire this prgrammer/stat in

here is a pic of the wiring diagram on the back

IMAG0015.jpg

any help greatly appreciated :)

If your heating is controlled by a programmable roomstat already, then you only need a simple timer to heat water

If your heating is controlled by a programmable roomstat already, then you only need a simple timer to heat water

too late i have already got a new 2 channel programmer :confused:

so i may aswell wire this in

or could i just use the one channel for the HW and that will let me put this programmer near the boiler :confused:

Ignore the wires on 4 and 7, I just forgot to erase them, you only use hw on, hw off and ch on terminals on the programmer, the wiring diagram on the back of the programmer tells you what wires to put where.

1=HW OFF

2= not used

3= HW ON

4= CH ON

OP, better plan would be to use the HW set on the programmer to heat the water and wall mounted progstat to control the heating.

Progstat will give you time and temperature programming. Using the CH contact set on the programmer then limits your progstat as if will only be able to function if your new programmer is active for heat call.

DP the op has bought a 2 channel programmable room stat as he wants to control the heating and hot water from the same place, there wasnt any programmer for the hot water before so I cant see any problem using the new stat to control both.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back