CH/HW splitter T-piece with motorised component

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Sorry for the topic title, but I don't know the proper name for the part. In my airing cupboard, I have a pipe going to the HW tank and another heading off to the radiators (I assume), both being fed by a pipe coming from the pump, making a T-junction. On top of this T is an electrically operated device which (I think) is supposed to turn a valve to open the CH pipe, the HW pipe or both.

1) The motorised unit is always hot (and I mean always, regardless of how hot the water is, or how long the boiler has or hasn't been running). It's as if there is a continuous electric current running through it. Is this normal?

2) I have no independence between CH and HW, i.e. if one is on, so is the other. I'm guessing that the valve in the T-junction must be stuck, open to both CH and HW. Is this likely to be something to do with problem (1)?

Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
If it is a silver box on top its a honeywell Mid position valve The motor inside will be seized.
Need more info such as make and model or post a photo of it!

Thanks. I'm at work just now, but will look for the model number and try to get a picture up later.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back