CH not reaching desired temperature

Let me try from the beginning.

What make model of boiler?

What temperature setting on boiler heating knob?

How long can you keep your hand on the top of a rad for?

Tony

Sponsored Links
Make Model is: Glow-Worm Flexicom 15hx. Fitted towards the end of September.
The boiler temperature is set to 65 degrees. Central heating pump set to notch 2.
It seems to go in cycles, one minute the rads will be quite hot, then it will cool a bit for a while, then heat up again...

Can you describe the property size and insulation aspects so I can judge heat requirements.

How hot are rads by hand test?

Can you time how long boiler burns for and how long it is resting for? That's to be done when the house is reasonably warm like after an hour heating but with the room stat turned up to 30 to ensure it stays on.

Tony Glazier

It is a 2 bed semi-detatched house. Walls are currently not insulated, and the loft does have (old by the look of it) insulation.
There will be times where you can't leave your hand on for more than a few seconds, although not often. More often than not you can leave your hand on it without it scalding at all.
I'd say 10 minutes burn time, to get up to 65-68 degrees, then around 10-15 minutes of rest, with the boiler showing there is no call for heat. I can get more accurate times tonight.
Cheers guys

Sponsored Links
I wasn't dismissing your input Dan :)
Someone is coming round this week to take a look.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back