CH pipe leak under concrete floor - contents or buildings?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have a leak somewhere near my bedroom radiator which has made a damp spot around the doorway, door jamb. The floor and walls feel hot here so it is almost certainly the CH leaking, especially as a lot of air is creeping into the system somewhere too and creating bubbles in the next radiator along.

I called the contents insurance, who referred me to their Emergency Repair service; "repair" is a bit of a broad term as they told me they could only turn off the water supply - leaving me with no heating at all.

They claimed that this is because the source of the leak is hidden somewhere either under the concrete floor, or in the walls somewhere, necessitating a possible removal of skirtings / door frames / digging up solid floors etc. to try and find the fault.

They think it should be covered under the structure policy for the building (I am in a basement flat) as the fault is making plasterwork and floor very wet.

Any ideas?

I'm currently trying to dig out the details for the freehold management company to try and find out who insures the building.

Many thanks
Paul

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back