central heating pipe under concrete floor leaking

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all,
I hope some of you may be able to give me advice on how to sort out a problem which has overwhelmed me by now.

The pipes which go from the combi boiler to the radiators have been run under the concrete floor throughout the whole flat when the flat was built. Whilst it was nice having a warm floor, now a leak has developed somewhere in my bedroom. As a result my boiler is loosing pressure quite fast (ca. a couple of hours), the walls in the bedroom are damaged and there is mould growing everywhere - under carpet, on the walls, etc.
Earlier this year I refurbished the kitchen and the bathroom and looked for possible leaks there - there were none. (These are adjacent rooms sharing a wall with the bedroom). Since January I have a brand new boiler too.

What are my options and how to go about this - least expense and maximum effect?

I think I have two options - look for the leak by digging into the floor and replacing the pipe(s) or install external piping. What would you suggest?

Sponsored Links
If it has gone one place, chances are it will go in another.

re-pipe is probably the best option.

Whether you follow the existing routes and replace, or re-pipe externally is difficult to say from a distance.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back