Boiler Condensate pipe leaking - Advice needed

Wouldn't say that a pump is that noisy if set up correctly

Horse for courses I guess JP. Of course, it's a totally personal view but I always find the condi pumps to be a little grating TBH. They are only running for a few secs but I couldn't bear to have one in a cupboard next to a bedroom, that could then go off during the night if the boiler's running. It would wake me up every time.

Sponsored Links
Horse for courses I guess JP. Of course, it's a totally personal view but I always find the condi pumps to be a little grating TBH. They are only running for a few secs but I couldn't bear to have one in a cupboard next to a bedroom, that could then go off during the night if the boiler's running. It would wake me up every time.
That is the exact setup at my GFs gaff, when it pumps at night it wakes me up every time, as you said it only runs for a few seconds, still wakes me everytime though :mad:

That is the exact setup at my GFs gaff, when it pumps at night it wakes me up every time, as you said it only runs for a few seconds, still wakes me everytime though :mad:
Lay it on a mat such as the kind used under a washing machine with a small flagstone underneath all on a solid surface then cover it all with a removable box with small air holes and enjoy your sleep. ;)

Lay it on a mat such as the kind used under a washing machine with a small flagstone underneath all on a solid surface then cover it all with a removable box with small air holes and enjoy your sleep. ;)
Fek that...what a fanny on

Sponsored Links
Well I`ve no idea what I`ve done to pee you off but you have certainly developed a need to try and be "unhelpful" towards whatever I post of late.
G`day to you.
...do not take it personally...I mean no offence..I am certainly not singleing you out...Half of it is my sense of humour,,half of it is,as I said..A fanny on..I would rather shift the boiler...Good on you for being helpful to the OP though.Genuinely.I will shut up and go cycling instead...

...do not take it personally...I mean no offence..I am certainly not singleing you out...Half of it is my sense of humour,,half of it is,as I said..A fanny on..I would rather shift the boiler...Good on you for being helpful to the OP though.Genuinely.
Ok, thanks, yeah humour in the mind doesn`t always translate well to the screen as I well know myself. (y)

Thanks for all your help so far. I will investigate to see if I can locate a soil stack.

I know there is definitely one in the garage that the ensuite was built on top of. I'll have to go in the attic above that room and see if it goes up there. I can't remember seeing anything coming out of the roof. Dumb question but do they always vent through the roof?

I've just popped back home from work to check and the soil pipe does go out through the roof. Sounds like a pump could be the best way forward. I'm sure I can deaden the noise and we're cheap skates so don't have the heating on overnight anyway but I suppose getting woken up in the morning wouldn't be great..

Roughly how often do these pumps fire up? Would it be every 20mins or once an hour?

I've just popped back home from work to check and the soil pipe does go out through the roof. Sounds like a pump could be the best way forward. I'm sure I can deaden the noise and we're cheap skates so don't have the heating on overnight anyway but I suppose getting woken up in the morning wouldn't be great..

Roughly how often do these pumps fire up? Would it be every 20mins or once an hour?
I understood they have a float switch,and pump for a few seconds when it closes...Why would it run during night if boiler not on?If they have at least a few pints capacity, and use a w/m type drain pump...It is only going to pump once or twice a day, about 10seconds if heating on all day.

Hello, Hopefully, an easy question. I'm going for the Grundfos Conlift1 LS condensate pump. I'll need to buy some additional drain piping as it's a fair run to the soil stack. Can somebody tell me which size these are? Strangely I can't find it on any of the spec sheets.

Many thanks

I collected the pump today. I noticed there are two wiring connections, one with 2 cores and one with 3. If I wanted to connect directly into the electrics via the switch on the wall, would I use 2 or 3 core?

Attachments

• 20201107_124932.jpg
    20201107_124932.jpg
    154.8 KB · Views: 53
The Conlift comes with a nice instruction booklet with wiring diagram(s).

The acronym RTFM sometimes applies.

OK, then, use the three core only unless you know what you're doing. The two core is used to interrupt the boiler switched live to guard against condensate spill in the event of a pump malfunction.

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back