CH pump overrun

Could what the OP wants be done with a priority hot water system where the CH valve is NO rather than NC?

Sponsored Links
I am not sure how it is wired, it is an S system I was told. Will have to take a closer look. Two questions are, should the pump continue to circulate when the thermostat is off? I think yes, pump should stay on for as long as CH is on. Also, should pump's overrun be routed to the CH as means of dumping excess heat from the boiler mass? I also think it should. But what if you are working on the CH and just want HW on? So maybe a dedicated "heat dump" circuit, like the bypass they have fitted but larger.

It is better to dump the heat into the hot water cylinder where it is useful.

It is a very simple circuit to add to the system but as stated above most installers will not understand it.

As said far simpler to add a bypass valve after the pump where it is meant to be. Probably not worth even removing the wrongly fitted valve.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back