CH System - Choices?

Sponsored Links
Can't measure the pressure at the moment but the flow seems to be just over 4 litres per minute. Exploring ways of increasing this but options so far are not ideal, partly because we are on lead. Difficult to get back to the main and the other options of a break tank and pump don't get over the problem of not wanting lead.

Thanks

D

4ltrs a min is pretty poor. Only way would be run a new pipe. Accumulator would be an ideal set up. Tie in with a wras pump. The wood burner would need to be on a open vented system. So if you went for an unvented cylinder it would have to be twin coiled.

Nath

4ltrs a min is pretty poor. Only way would be run a new pipe. Accumulator would be an ideal set up. Tie in with a wras pump. The wood burner would need to be on a open vented system. So if you went for an unvented cylinder it would have to be twin coiled.

Nath

Apparently some of the wood burners can work with both vented and unvented systems. Would an accumulator be better than a break tank?

Haven't given up on getting back to the main yet but it's looking like it will be costly!!

D

Sponsored Links
An accumulator is better than a break tank. I'm saying that as in open vented/ sealed system. So you will have an open vented coil in and unvented hot water cylinder.

Thanks Bellairaphon.

To the stop tap its about 60 yards but to the main stop tap, i.e. where it connects to the United Utilities main is about a third of a mile or so.

D

I would speak to UU and request that they check their end. All your responsible for is the pipe in your boundary. However connecting back to the main could possibly incur charges to you if they find nothing wrong and you still want the work doing. But either way a 750ltr accumalutor should be more than adequate.

Nath

I would speak to UU and request that they check their end. All your responsible for is the pipe in your boundary. However connecting back to the main could possibly incur charges to you if they find nothing wrong and you still want the work doing. But either way a 750ltr accumalutor should be more than adequate.

Nath

When I spoke to UU they said 2 things.

Firstly they are responsible for connecting me to their main but I need to get the pipe to their main. Normally this mend getting it out into the street. In my circumstance though it means getting it to the closest main a considerable distance away and across other peoples land.

Secondly because of the distance involved I need a larger pipe from their main and this would mean the connection is chargeable despite me having lead pipe to the house.

Still exploring the connection as this gives me most flexibility.

Thanks

D

Spoke to a sideways drilling company today to see roughly what it would cost to use a mole to drill a route for the pipe..........14 grand!!!! :eek:

D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back