Ch Thermostat

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can anyone please tell me how straightforward changing the central heating thermostat is ??
Is it just a case of removing the old one and wiring up a new one the same or is there more to it than that.
Thermostat doesn't appear to be reading the temp. correctly and was thinking of replacing it.
Current one is a Honeywell 220/250v and was hoping one of the experts out there could let me know how easy replacing it is.

Cheers

Sponsored Links
They really are as easy as you think (they ony actually require two wires ) I had a similar problem to you (stat being too slow to react) so i got an electronic one. They cost more but i think they are worth it. you could try this one or for a conventional one this one

Many of the new honeywell ones use a relay to switch the heating on/off, so they only click when you have a demand for heat from the programmer. These must have common, switched live and neutral wires to power the relay (not all stats do, some just have common and switched live). If you take the old one off the wall you'll usually find a small wiring diagram inside which shows L, N and LOAD connections if available, just match these up to the new stat.[/b]

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back