CH/WH programmer not working

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all,

last week our programmer (british gas UP1) stopped working, the display started fading, and although we could change between on, timed, once and off, it would not send a signal to the heating/hot water. Over a couple of days the display completely faded away.

Ive bought a Drayton lifestyle programmer and the backplate is the same so i fitted that last night over the same backplate (as advised by shop) but nothing happened.

Ive checked the wiring in the backplate and also in the larger board where all the controls are wired into. However, i did notice that in the board there is a 2 amp fuse, whereas the programmer and also the cylinder instructions say it should be 3 amp. would this make a difference? Can i fit a 3 amp fuse 'socket' onto the exisiting wiring board? or would this be something else like a valve issue or something?

Thanks, Rich

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
I would change the backplate first.

If you label all the wires you shouldn't get into too much trouble.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back