Chaff boiler clicks on and off

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,
I'm new to this forum as I stumbled across it when trying to identify a problem.
It seems lots have had the same problems so I was able to follow your advice and fix the boiler with not to much problems, so thank you all very much.
Now another problem seems to have cropped up.
I have a Chaff and Maury 80 boiler and had the problem with the flexi pipe to the pressure vessel blocked which I fixed, the PV needed air so I charged that and the seal to the heat exchanger from the plastic hydraulic unit was leaking so I fixed that.
The boiler ran perfectly for about a day and a half but now it keeps clicking on and off. The central heating was up to temp, the pressure correct and all seems fine but it clicks on for about 5 seconds then clicks off, then after 20 secs or so does it again and so on.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Brian.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
The fan is at the top, but if you had to ask, I would advise you get a RGI in.

Its just one of those questions.....

Ok, so last night the boiler should have switched off by the timer but it didn't.
I could hear the pump running all night and the boiler clicking on and off.
The upstairs rads are slightly warm and the down stairs ones cold.

I will get an RGI when i'm satisfied i've done all I can myself, monies tight and all that.

hi i f i can remember these boilers have two flow switches that get stuck they work on a plunger.would not hurt to drain the boiler and clean them.also check to see if continuty is ok with multi meter pete

hi i f i can remember these boilers have two flow switches that get stuck they work on a plunger.would not hurt to drain the boiler and clean them.also check to see if continuty is ok with multi meter pete

Yes!! Excellent Pete, the flow switches were corroded. I gave them a rub with wire wool and put them back and it seems to be fine now.
Very much appreciated.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back