Chaffoteaux Britony Combi 80SE - Low Pressure/PRV

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can anybody suggest if this is the same boiler as a Baxi 80 as spares for this make are silly prices compares to the Baxi 80/105

The PRV looks the same as ours is leaking and really needs changings as its dripping so losing pressure and switching the boiler, repressure the system its fine again until next time

Also, the 60 light is flashing sometimes which I believe is a faulty air pressure switch and another issues is the pressure going to about 3 bar which indicates the 'bomb' has either gone or also needs pumping up again

Oh joy

So, I need to change the PRV and possible the 'bomb' to stop the PRV going again and also to sort the pressure issues out, but the 'faulty' air pressure switch is very intermittent. It may work perfectly for days or when it does refuse to fire up takes 3-4 attempts or leave it a few minutes and turn the boiler on again and it fires up perfectly then works without any issues

Oh, and if it doesn't fire up I also sometimes get the faulty PCB 3 lights flashing just to add to our woes. But if the PCB was faulty surely it would just die

Sponsored Links
The site FAQ will help you to deal with the EXV and PRV.

We cannot give advice on the APS as this should be dealt with by a gas registered engineer.

It may surprise you but a Chaufoteux boiler is French and Baxi is English although Baxi did rebadge your boiler under the name Genesis although that was just as unreliable as the french badged one.

Best advice is to replace it.

Tony

Sponsored Links
its nothing like the baxi, but not as bad as they are making out,fixed price repair is what you need ,various companies offer this

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back