Chaffoteaux & Maury

A1u

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have a problem with my Chaffoteaux & Maury boiler. I've not got the model to hand but will post it later. I replaced a radiator at the weekend and it worked fine (albeit the boiler was grumbling on a couple of occasions). I looked at the boiler this morning and the 70 and 80 were flashing and the reset button was light up red.

When I reset the boiler either by the reset switch or by switching it off for a couple of mins then back on. The boiler looks as though it got life back but then about about a minute the 70 & 80 flash and the red reset is light up again.

Can anyone shed any light on the problem and how to fix this?

Thanks
Terry

Sponsored Links
Yeah, I kept the outloet value closed as I bleed the radiator, I did it in stages so the pressure did go into the red. Once Rad was full I opened the value. All worked fine for a couple of days.

I am having exactly the same problem, have had three different engineers out in three weeks and still not working.
Sometimes it comes back on after turning it off at the wall for a few minutes but stops when hot tap is being run up stairs, and sometimes without anything being run. Have a feeling it's to do with water pressure but engineers say not.
They came today and advised a new boiler saying these boilers are a problem and will almost certainly continue to be a costly problem.
They said these boilers are so sensitive that even the fitting of the front cover can affect the running.
Please post again if you get it sorted, we (with our 3yr old) are without heating and hot water through Christmas and new year, hope you have had better luck than us.

Sponsored Links
Don't really know these boilers, but usually a red lockout light is ignition failure.

OP try over pressurising boiler to about 2 bar cold, check pump has not stuck.

Pressure guage could be stuck giving a false reading.

Can you here the fan start and then any ignition clicking?

Mrs pepper, start a new post and describe fully the boiler you have got, what the fault is and how far it is getting before it locks out.

Model is Chaffoteaux & Maury - MX2 FF - Combination boiler

Yes, can hear fan start and clicking noise.........what happens is the reset button lights up with the two (70 and 80) green lights coming on then sometimes, it tries to restart but goes back to the reset and green lights etc other times none of the green lights come on before the red reset light coming on. (From trying to reset to the reset light coming on again is less than a minute)
Seems to be affected by the amount of radiators on or hot tap being run.

Difficult to explain from an untrained point of view.

Outside flue has been checked more than once.

All I can think of.....anything more particular you would like to know?

Forgot to add, same thing happens whether pressure is at 1and half or 2 bars.

I'm pretty sure the red light is ignition failure. basically if there is a spark there, for some reason there is no gas getting through. check meter if quantum it has gas and hasnt locked out. make sure you haven't knocked the gas cock off under your boiler. if everything looks ok then there could be a problem with your gas valve

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back