Chain Link Fence

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Some areas of my yard are higher than others. To keep the dirt from washing away in rainy weather I would like to put up a 1 foot retaining wall of some type and on top of the wall a 4 foot black chain link fence. Is there anything that looks good that I could anchor a chain link fence to that would be strong in windy weather?

Sponsored Links
Morning, well at least where I am it is. I suppose the answer depends on what you think looks good. You're going to need some sort of post to attach the chain link fence to, this would usually be made of concrete, wood or steel. For my money I think wood would look best, but concrete or steel could look good if painted. I guess if you looked around you could probably find some brushed stainless steel post, but I don't think these would look so good with a black chain link fence. Without knowing what your home looks like its a bit hard to say.

Thank you for your reply. It is morning here too 2:20 am to be exact. I really don't know what I want. My husband and I live in a community where quail and rabbits run in and out of our yard daily. The yard is so uneven it would take a lot of fill in some areas and a lot of grading in other areas. We are on a corner lot which has what is called the greenbelt behind it and a large grassy area on the side. If we just put up a chain link fence the dirt or what ever we do to the yard will be washed away in rainy weather. We are convinced we need a retaining wall but we don't want to block our view to the greenbelt and the animals that roam in the area. I guess we are looking for some kind of solution. The home owners association will only let us put up a 4' fence. We probably need to hire a landscaper but we have so much to do we are trying to save money by doing it ourselves. Thanks again for your help. Mary

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back