Challenger alarm code reset

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We've recently moved into a new house which has a challenger 8 burglar alarm. Unfortunately the previous owners didnt leave the access code and the engineer code has also been changed from its default value. I found the manual online (http://www.challenger.co.uk/downloads/AP200Eng.pdf) which says (p11) there is a link in the panel which can reset the codes but it also says i need to be in engineer mode to do this - and I dont have the engineer code. Is it possible to change the codes without the engineer code?

cheers

Sponsored Links
Yes , its in the manual.Its the next bit about resetting customer codes , just follow the instructions.

Ive read that bit of the manual but it says to follow that procedure while in engineering mode. Presumably this is to stop the alarm going off when the panel is opened. Unfortunately I dont have the engineer code so I cant get it into engineer mode. Will the same procedure work despite the fact I cant get it into engineer mode? I dont want to crack the box open to find I cant turn the alarm off.

cheers

Yes , open the box (internal alarm will sound , enter your code to silence ) follow the instructions re:defaulting codes , user and engineer codes will be defaulted.

Sponsored Links
Thanks again Denford but if I had the user code to silence the alarm I wouldnt need to reset the codes. I havent got any of the codes for the alarm.

When you open the panel , only the internal speaker will sound , until you pull the mains etc. Once you default it ,use the default codes.

Thanks again Denford but if I had the user code to silence the alarm I wouldnt need to reset the codes. I havent got any of the codes for the alarm.
Poor old Denford1, it must be his age :LOL:

Reading the manual it looks as though you can't do what you want without codes, you have none, so snookered :cry:

I'm sure this panel is made by a company called Lynteck, if you add .co.uk to the name you will find their contact details, they might help, let us know. :)

Look what I've just found >

RESETTING TO FACTORY DEFAULTS
• The Nexus 8 incorporates non-volatile memory which retains all access
codes and pre-programmed settings.
• If the user forgets their access codes or the default factory settings are
to be returned, the memory has to be completely reset.
To Reset Codes
• Remove mains power, open cover and disconnect battery
• Remove auxiliary fuse.
• Apply mains, reconnect battery and replace auxiliary fuse. All codes
are now reset.

DEFAULT FACTORY CODES
Engineer Code 7890
Master User Code 1234
Normal User Code Disabled

Europlex

Its just a re-badged C&K , there is a default routine just for the codes..its all in the manual.

Its just a re-badged C&K , there is a default routine just for the codes..its all in the manual.
IF you have a code to start with.

geoeeee said in the first place, he has no codes.

The manual that he is linking to does not give the necessary information for code changing WITHOUT having a code to start with, what's difficult in understanding that?

The panel CAN be defaulted , without the engineer or user code.

Its in the manual.

:cool:

The panel CAN be defaulted , without the engineer or user code.

Its in the manual.

:cool:
My last post on this subject.

I never said it could not be defaulted
He has no codes
His manual requires a code first to be able to change codes

He does not have a copy of a manual with the defaulting information that I have given, he's got a cut down version.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back