'chalon' paint colours?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all - first post here. Having a kitchen built and hand painting the cupboards - problem is the paint colour my wife has seen and wants is a Chalon (hand-built kitchens, not in our price range!) paint colour called 'monsoon mist'. Anyone know what paint range Chalon use? Can't find anything similar, looked at all the major paint companies. Many thanks!

Sponsored Links
Your best bet will be to contact the manufacturers

don't think they would tell me, think they have changed the names of the colours for their 'exclusivity' - but I was hoping someone here knew (maybe someone works for them??) Anyhow what type of paint is recommended for painted kitchen units?

They are normally factory finished in nitro cellulose or acrylic paints...so they probably wont be Britsh Standard colours..possibly from the RAL collection..which are just numbers by the way or maybe from a Pantone pallet..

Go to your local decorator centres and ask to borrow a colour swatch book..most have about 1600 odd colours to choose from and im sure youll find a match in there somewhere.

Who is going to be painting them for you?

Sponsored Links
The company making the units will supply them ready primed and they have recommended a painter who will paint the units after they're fitted. Been told he has all the Dulux colours and we can choose from these - but I haven't seen the colour we wanted in the Dulux range at B&Q! Haven't spoken to him yet, was hoping to find the colour for him first. Thanks for the idea - will pop down to the 'paint centre place' and check out the Pantone colours there.

Over the years ive had good sucess painting kitchen units with Dulux satinwood. Give a similar finish to some expensive sprayed ones ive seen. Light snding down and two coats of whatever colour you like. :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back