Dulux kitchen paint - any good?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just about to paint some kitchen walls now all the major work is complete.The new plaster skim has had a mist coat and I (the wife) am now looking at colours. Just wanted any thoughts on Dulux kitchen paint. Is this the best way to go or should I stick with standard Matt. I know all about keeping it clean and being able to wipe it down, this all sounds good on the tin but is it a sod to apply, will I have any problems?

Cheers

Sponsored Links
Hi Gille
Something I can answer - I'm normally the one asking all the questions!
I used Dulux kitchen paint myself last week for the first time, on newly plastered walls. I put a coat of watered down plain emulsion on first as read on here!
It was indeed horrible to put on, you need a load of it on your roller - it's really thick and sticky, and we got through loads - had to go and get another can.
But it may well be worth it in the long run - if it does what it says on the tin then I think it's worth it. As I said, this was only last week and the kitchen isn't operational yet so I don't know, but maybe someone else will.

I used it a few weeks back (customer had bought it) - never again. You cut in around the edges and fill in with the roller. Where you touch paint that was applied a few minutes earlier it drags and picks up and generally makes a right mess. Stick to standard stuff: matt, silk or eggshell. You have been warned!

In my opinion "Gille", i personally think the best thing for a kitchen is Dulux Trade Vinyl Soft Sheen, as it is washable. I agree with "gcol" on his opinion also (God help me).

Sponsored Links
I was under the impression that the Dulux kitchen and bathroom paint is the same stuff as their trade diamond matt? :confused:

Thanks to all for the comments. I think I will steer clear of the kitchen paint and stick to the matt or soft sheen.

Just a quick question, has anyone used paint pads for cutting in, instead of using a brush? I was thinking of giving it a go and then following it up with a roller to fill in.

Cheers

Thanks for that gcol you got me. But are they any good, they look to good to be true....

gcol said:
You been watching that shopping channel again? "It's a miracle!"

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

And dont forget the 'Tuxedo paint system'...id love to wipe a half clean brush all over that smarmy mugs jacket!

Steer clear of the pads Gille..stick to a decent brush

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back