Matt kitchen paint

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
As the title says. Got my kitchen to paint in the next few weeks after plastering. Gonna hit the fresh plaster with a mist coat then top coat with proper kitchen paint as will need to be wipe-able with the dog shaking after a walk.

Anyhow, I have a dislike for walls with a sheen. They show up blemishes and as I’ve been on the trowel, there will be some! Matt looks so much flatter in my book. As I understand, the sheen helps make them wipe-able. But I’ve seen dulux easycare Matt kitchen paint. Any good? Or am I gonna be ****ed when it’s had a few wipes?

Sponsored Links
The "scrubbable" matt emulsions become shinier the more that they are wiped but they are far more durable than standard matt emulsions.

When my stepson was a kid I decided to use a combination of dead flat matt oil based paint and oil based eggshell on the walls that had the highest traffic. They were far more durable than any waterbased matt emulsion but they cost more, smell more and did yellow in time.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back