Kitchen paint

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

I'm painting the kitchen prior to fitting the units.

I've done the ceiling using Dulux Trade Eggshell - brilliant white. Happy with the finish, water-based and the paint went on nicely with roller and brush

Once the missus has selected a colour I'll be doing the recently plastered walls. I'd like something with less sheen than the eggshell on the ceiling but that will holdup to being wiped down. I'd like it to go on as easily as the trade eggshell did and be water-based.

I've seen that Dulux do an EasyCare Kitchen Paint, Vinyl Matt and a Diamond Matt.

Can anyone discuss their experiences with these paints and give a recommendation?

Cheers

Sponsored Links
Eggshell finish on ceiling a little unorthodox but if that is what the doctor ordered!….

matt finish on walls and ceilings is more forgiving on any imperfections and good quality Matt paints can be wiped too.

don’t be fooled by any gimmicky paint ranges for specific rooms - it’s a nonsense.

You need a durable matt finish paint from the trade manufacturers like johnstone’s or leyland or . Get yourself down to brewers or other professional paint merchant. Dulux do a trade range too but don’t bother buying any none trade products aimed at instagram housewives.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back