Dulux 'Diamond' trade paint (matt or eggshell).....dcdec!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
dcdec I hope you read this!

Following on from thread "OMG Dulux" and my problems with the poor quality of Dulux Vinyl Soft Sheen mixer paint.

I've been offered a replacement product from the "better quality" Diamond trade paint in matt or eggshell (plus a cash incentive to help with redecorating costs).

Any opinions on the quality of this dcdec (or anyone else who might have used it)?

I've a mind to just increase the cash incentive part and not risk Dulux on my walls again.

Opinions anyone..........

Sponsored Links
Hi Sagalout,

I haven't used the diamond range for years, the problem with the matt and still the case i believe is that the matt is not a true matt finish, it has a slight sheen to it. It can also be awkward to apply and can picture frame and flash. I always found the eggshell pretty good. Actually thinking about it, i did a kitchen wall to match existing after some building work in DDM eggshell back in the summer. Didn't have any problems and covered well. However i believe dulux have 're-designed' their paint recently, certainly vinyl matt is different, but don't know about the diamond range.

For me little green intellimatt is head and shoulders above diamond matt.

Fair play to Dulux for making you an offer but i'd try and get the cash and tell them to keep the paint and go with LG. Sorry i can't be a bit more definitive but most dulux products have been superseded by other manufacturers so i don't use them anymore. Someone else on here may have some more recent experience of the products.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back