Chance for a bargain for a keen DIYer

Yep, I hate the Metrel Instaltest.
Had one on hire whilst my Megger was away for calibration and couldn't wait to give it back.

Sponsored Links
Another c**p thing about my meter like that, is there is no test button on the probe.. try holding 3 probes up at a ceiling rose, hold the meter which has no neck strap and press the test button...... :confused:

Assuming you are talking an efli test - with the megger MFT1552 you just need to hold the probes there for about 5s and the test starts itself. If you are using the high current test only need to use 2 wires for the test (red and green), if you are using low current (for RCDs) you need to use all 3 probes.

Sponsored Links
Haha!! That is the same c**p meter as I have been issued with at work! :( I have asked for a new one (fluke or megger) as mine, although only re-calibrated about 2months ago gives completly random Zs readings (such as less than the r1+r2) and also gives megger readings of only about 100M even with no test leads plugged in...... :confused:
Mine seem to work just fine.

Due (well, overdue.. :oops: ) for calibration though, so we'll see.

Talking of which...

Calibration - well just how are they going to calibrate the loop impedance test function - don't tell me its against a resistive load because I got a weak heart and the laughter might kill me.

Then we have the little matter of service errors being as high as 30% - I would just use your check box and leave it at that.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back