change a act222

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

After previous advice on this forum, I have purchased an ACT222 Actuator. I am going to change it this weekend. It is not something I've done before. :confused:

The method I am going to use is

1. Turn of the electricity from the mains box, (there is also a switch on the box that says immersion (I could just turn that off?))
2. Open the circuit box connected to the old actuator.
3. unscrew one wire at a time and replace the corresponding wire from the new actuator in its place, i.e. orange, grey, brown, blue
4. Place cap on circuit.
5. Replace the new actuator over the metal plate of the valve in a closed position (horizonatal), screw it.
6. Turn on power from mains box, turn up stat to activate the actuator to turn valve on.
7. Bobs your uncle and fannys your aunt. :D

Sponsored Links
3. Snip the old wires about 2 -3 inches from the connector and Then replace them one at a time. That way you can get into the job more easily.

4. WTF / No comprende. I wear mine on my head. What you do is up to you

7 Beware! Bob and/or fanny could be transgendered!

point 4, was meant to be written place the white cap back on the circuit box, i.e. the box where the connections are for the actuator.

A straight swap of wires is all I need to do from old to new right? There's no gotchas I need to be aware of?

. Turn of the electricity from the mains box, (there is also a switch on the box that says immersion (I could just turn that off?))
mains box is the better option of the 2, 'Immersion' switch would only cut power to heater in top of cylinder.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for your help everyone, I bought an act222 actuator for around £34, and fitted it myself, all is working now normally.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back