CHANGE FROM WALL MOUNTED TO WIRELESS THERMOSTAT

What does it mean by binding / rebinding. Does it mean to link the relay and the wireless stat together? In a way a bit like hooking up a laptop to a wireless internet box via the IP addresses etc?
Yes. All devices will work in the same frequency band, but each one has a different address; it's a case of matching addresses. I would assume that one of the pair has a fixed address, so binding just makes the other item sweep through all possible addresses until it gets a match.

Also what does it mean by heat/cool changeover please?
It's for use with air conditioning systems which can both heat up and cool down.

By the way I have connected as per my friend's instructions and it seems to be working ok...
Yes it will work, but the relay will only be powered when the timer turns the heating on. This is not recommended as the relay has to set up communication with the transmitter each time it turns on.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for all your considerable knowledge D_Hailsham.

At the moment I will leave the wiring until I have the need to get a fully qualified electrician around. If it works then thats OK.

I also posted a question COMPAP THERMOSTATIC RADIATOR VALVE QUESTION so if ayone could help me out on this I would be grateful

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

I have a thermostat that I foolishly failed to consider when wall mounting a TV nearby.
Surprise surprise heat from the TV affects the temp of the thermostat.

A boiler engineer recently suggested installing a wireless thermostat where the receiver simply replaces the existing thermostat.
Is this possible?

This sounds too easy, especially when almost all the other advice online suggests installing the receiver close to the boiler.

Please advise

Sponsored Links
You fit it close to the boiler and do away with the existing wiring.

You may be able to fit it at the existing position if the wiring is compatible but why would you want to?

That's like taking the infra red sensor out of the tv and wiring it to a wall near the sofa.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back